Post cycle therapy
After Course Therapy
Post-course therapy after steroids involves taking antiestrogens. In addition, take chorionic gonadotropin and Cabergolin (Dostinex).
Medical determination of the active ingredient
There are 2 classes of anti-estrogens: aromatase inhibitors and estrogen receptor blockers.
Pharmacological group of active ingredient
Antiestrogens are estrogen antagonists or estrogen blockers.
Characteristics of the active ingredient
Aromatase inhibitors are a class of drugs that inhibit the activity of this enzyme. The concentration of estrogens decreases when these drugs are used in the body.
Oestrogen receptor blockers (anti-estrogens) buy the mediating of estradiol from its biological effects in the body.
Chorionic gonadotropin has the following effects follicle stimulating and luteinizing effect.
Cabergolin (Dostinex) has dopaminomimetic and hypoprolactinemic effects.
Use of the substance in sports
The use of these drugs is recommended as part of post-course therapy after steroids. The drugs are used in bodybuilding and in power sports. The task is to minimize the side effects after a cycle of hormones or steroid hormones.
Post-course therapy after bodybuilding is especially important when the athlete takes 2 or more anabolic drugs. It is also important when bodybuilders use large doses of hormones. Taking aromatherapy inhibitors against the background of the use of aromatized drugs helps to block the estrogen effects. The best drugs are Letrozol, Anastrozol.
Antiestrogens are designed to restore the secretion of its own testosterone, after a course of steroids. These drugs are used within 20-30 days after the course. It is allowed to use antiestrogens after a heavy course. Dostinex (Cabergoline) is used in the therapy course of Trenbolone, Nandrolone and other progestin preparations.
Chorionic gonadotropin will stop the progression of testicular atrophy. Reception of the drug is recommended for heavy courses, which last 1.5 months.
As additional components in the therapy (PCT) are used:
- cortisol blockers. They help to save muscles from destruction and suppress catabolism. The course of PCT begins after the end of the steroid course. Recommended remedies are ESAA, ascorbic acid;
- peptides and growth hormones. Help to preserve accumulated muscle mass. Relieve the symptoms of cardiovascular complications, which appear after a cycle of anabolic steroids;
- hepatoprotectors. Protect the liver from the toxic effects of steroids. They begin to take them on the 2nd week of the cycle, and finish - on the 20th day after the cycle;
- testosterone boosters. Restore the hormonal background. These drugs are taken after complete withdrawal of steroids. The course lasts another 2-3 weeks with a gradual decrease in dosage.
- respiratory dysfunction;
- cardiac dysfunction;
- sensitivity to components.
All PCT components are compatible with each other. With the simultaneous use of thiazid diuretics and other drugs that reduce calcium production in the kidneys, the risk of hypercalcemia increases.
After Course Therapy. Side effects
PCT drugs (post-course therapy) cause the following side effects:
- painful sensations in the lower abdomen;
- frequent urination;
- allergic dermatitis;
- swelling of Quinque (in 1-3% of cases);
- stool disturbance;
- abdominal bloating;
- nausea, which turns into vomiting;
- sleep disturbance (sleepiness or insomnia);
- deceleration of motor reaction rate;
- deceleration of the speed of mental reactions;
In 5-10% of cases weight is increased. In 2-3% of cases the visual acuity is reduced, pain in the thoracic glands area appears. Some men develop alopecia.