Clenbuterol is a representative of the beta-adrenomimetics pharmaceutical group used to treat respiratory diseases. The drug slows down the release of histamine from the fat cells, relaxes smooth bronchial muscles, reduces swelling and congestion in the respiratory system. Bodybilder athletes take clenbuterol as a means to break down fat during drying.
Characteristics of the active substance
Clenbuterol, whose instructions are intended for familiarization before the treatment, is often used by athletes. Manufacturers of Clenbuterol produce the drug in the form of syrup, pills and capsules for inhalation.
The main active component is clenbuterol hydrochloride. It is a microcrystalline powder, almost colorless. Clenbuterol hydrochloride is well soluble in water, ethanol and methanol. It weakly dissolves in chloroform and does not dissolve in benzene.
After getting the pharmacological agent based on clenbuterol hydrochloride, the action takes 10 (less than 15) minutes and lasts up to 3 hours.
Biotransformation occurs in the liver, resulting in the formation of 8 substances-metabolites. Kidneys (up to 78% of clenbuterol is excreted with urine), liver (with bile - 22%) are involved in the introduction of the drug.
Clenbuterol has a bronchodynamic effect. Getting into the blood, the active substance has an exciting effect on the adrenaline receptors (beta 2), and also affects the production of enzymes from the group of kinases. As a result, there is a relaxation of the smooth muscles of the bronchi, slowing down the release of substances from the fat cells mediators, which provoke an inflammatory reaction and spasm of the bronchi.
There is a therapeutic effect:
- reduction of bronchial edema;
- easier discharge of sputum;
- elimination of shortness of breath.
Against the background of taking Clenbuterol improves the local immunity in the respiratory system. This is due to the normalization of the mucus and effective ciliary epithelium oscillation.
The use of Clenbuterol in sports
The drug, for a long time used exclusively in medicine to treat diseases of the respiratory system. But the sportsmen's reviews about Clenbuterol quickly made it popular among those who want to "dry" muscles.
Among bodybuilders, Clenbuterol became known as an effective fat burner and muscle contraction stimulant.
The giro splitting effect of the drug at high loads and calorie-deficient diets manifests itself very quickly. After taking the pharmacological product:
- fatty acids are released;
- decreases the volume of fat tissue at active production. adrenaline;
- body temperature increases by 1-1.5 degrees;
- the feeling of hunger is dulled;
- inhibits the synthesis of cortisol.
In those who used Clenbuterol, feedback on weight loss indicates that the drug reduces the amount of fat, but does not destroy muscle tissue, and increases strength and endurance. This is exactly the effect that representatives of power sports need before competitions.
In addition to bodybuilders, adrenoblocker is popular among those who want to correct the figure and lose weight. But the main purpose of the preparation application in sports is:
- preparation for competitions of sportsmen with the maximum conservation of existing muscle mass on a low-carbohydrate diet, reducing the volume of subcutaneous fat tissue;
- slowing down the catabolic phase and maintaining strength after taking anabolic steroids;
- improving the quality and efficiency of training by actively filling muscle tissue with blood and increasing muscle strength (pumping).
The list of contraindications for taking Clenbuterol for slimming is quite extensive. The drug is prohibited on:
- increased activity of the thyroid gland;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- the whole period of pregnancy;
- children under 6 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Particular caution when using Clenbuterol is recommended for people:
- those who have had a heart attack earlier;
- those suffering from renal and hepatic failure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- mitral valve malformation;
- in hypokalemia;
When using Clenbuterol with sugar reducing agents, their effectiveness is reduced. Combined use of Clenbuterol and anticholinergics, theophylline and beta-adrenomimetics enhances their action and increases the probability of adverse reactions.
Excess of the recommended dosage of Clenbuterol, as well as an individual reaction to the drug may provoke adverse reactions. In most cases, they occur during the first 4-5 days of the course and manifest themselves:
- sleep disturbance, increased anxiety;
- rapid heartbeat;
- spikes in blood pressure;
- seizures of nausea, vomiting.